ME!

ME!
Holding my "before" favorite shirt after losing 125 pounds on my journey to better health.

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Almost a New Year

I have not been writing a lot on my blog lately. I have been busy enjoying the holidays and spending time with my Grands.    I have been feeling a little bit guilty that I have not been putting updates on here but I don't want to just randomly write and post.
      I want you all to know that I treasure your friendships. Some of you I have never even met but you continue to lift me up to become a better person. Your comments and messages are very much appreciated and motivating. I only hope I have been able to lift you up too. 
      I wish you health, strength, happiness, and most of all peace in this New Year.
      Now I need to go because I am being called on to engineer a light saber out of a gift wrap tube and empty toilet paper rolls.  I am going to go play and "Just keep swimming!"
    

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you! Thank you for all your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog a year ago, and I don't remember how I came across it, but I am so glad that I did. I have fibromyalgia and peripheral neuropathy for the past 10 years. I was 50 pounds overweight and dreading January 1st. Fat people should start a diet on January 1st, but I just didn't have it in me. Virtually every January 1st I go on a diet and stick with it for about 2 months and then go back to all my old habits. Pain is a great motivator for me to eat. But you said something that sounded do-able: cut out white carbs. Why not, I thought. Well here we are just a few days shy of 12 months since I began and I lost all 50 pounds. I averaged 1 pound a week and somehow I stuck with it. I feel better about me which makes me feel better overall. I still deal with a lot of pain, but my energy level is so much better. I still can't believe I did it and I just thought you would like to know that your simple approach worked and I am very thankful I found your blog. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete