ME!

ME!
Holding my "before" favorite shirt after losing 125 pounds on my journey to better health.

Thursday, January 7, 2021

Why did I blog

Some of you know my story-some do not.  I started this blog to challenge my mind to heal after coming through a very hard struggle to fight my way back from narcotic drug addiction 11 years ago!(can you believe that?)  In trying to help me with my use of Lortab, oxycontin, etc my Dr. put me on Methadone which I now know is a difficult narcotic to kick and recover from.  It can be done but the withdrawals can carry on for an extended amount of time. After a few months I realized that I had great difficulty in writing, reading, and concentration.  I look back and I'm so grateful that I was able to come through that because at times I wondered.  I still have some struggles but I blame most of them on my constant companion Fibromyalga.  My blog was something that became a friend and support system.  You became my friends and support system.  I have been asked many times why I only blog now on rare occasions.  My answer....... I felt like I didn't have important things to share with you. I guess I let some negative situations and comments sway my thoughts. Maybe my blog was not helping you as much as I had hoped. I want to encourage, motivate, and inspire. I don't want others to feel I'm judging or bragging.  Yes, I let some words that should have rolled off my back stab in a little.(a lot)  It has made me hesitate in blogging things that I think might motivate you.  I have met and become friends with so many of you that started reading my blog and carried me for years.  I am sorry if I have hurt any of you with my words. I am still in the struggle with my healthy journey.  I have gained weight.....  I don't have any desire to be back at my lowest weight so I have to work on my thinking because I was not at my healthiest then, but those weight numbers keep calling to me! I want to be at a weight that my body can function strong, and my lab numbers are in line.  I know I need to lose probably 20 lbs to be in a better area for my knees and feet to be happier!  So.... the journey continues and begins again.  Please join me and we can work on our healthy journey together.  You can find more about my journey at my Why Not Today Lifestyle page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment