ME!

ME!
Holding my "before" favorite shirt after losing 125 pounds on my journey to better health.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Hard but Worth It

While working yesterday I had a great  moment.  One of the ladies who comes to the meeting told me that she follows my blog. I was really touched for a moment and had to fight back tears. She told me that I  inspired her to work on getting healthy.  That is why I write this blog to help you and help me. I have told you before that I am selfish and need this to keep me going. I have to admit I have been in a slump the past few weeks and have really been fighting with myself to eat better and get my exercise in. I just don't want to do it!!!!!  I know how you all struggle to do what needs to be done to get strong.  It is HARD. It is HARD to put you first. BUT you need to do that.  I know how it is to commit to doing good for just one day and then by 3-4 in the afternoon blow it. I have done that. I will still do that but I have to tell myself that is not the end of the world and to get back on the plan to health.  ANY small step toward better health is wonderful.  ANY amount of wt. loss is wonderful. Even not losing wt. but just eating better and moving better is wonderful. I need to quit beating myself up and you need to quit too. We need to be cheering ourselves on at every good little thing we do. As I weight the members that come in they are so hopeful and focused on that weight number. I do that too. I have had to remind them and myself that it is just a number. They know what they have done and not done that week. The body is changing and adjusting and should not be ruled by that scale. We all do it. We probably always will. Be proud of what you ARE doing. Be proud that you are trying.  Many times through the years I have sat in my recliner and said, "why even try, it hurts, I get so tired, it is to much to lose,  and on and on." I want to tell you TRY. I didn't know what I could do and how do you know unless you try.  Yes it hurts. Yes you will get tired. Yes it might be a lot to lose. It is not easy. It is very hard.  You can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment