ME!

ME!
Holding my "before" favorite shirt after losing 125 pounds on my journey to better health.

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Repairable machine.

I have had quite a few people ask me to tell them how I lost my weight.  I have included a lot of that in my previous posts. They ask me how I got the "fire" and kept it burning throughout my journey.  All I can say is it was hard.  I decided that I was going to have to become number 1. I had to be 100 percent honest with MYSELF. No more lying and thinking I was not eating to much. I had to do this.  I had to constantly tell myself that I wanted to live a full rich life. I was tired of sitting in that damn recliner and watching my family go hiking, camping, and playing with me watching on the sideline. That was NOT what I wanted my life to be. I did hours and hours of research. (if I was going to change I was going to know why and how everything worked together in my body. That was the RN in me.) I researched nutrition, exercise, controlling blood sugar levels, frequency of eating, H20, vitamins, protein, and on and on. I wanted to know how to fix this REPAIRABLE machine called my body.  I read articles that told me I could fix so many of the things I thought I had to live with. It gave me hope and it gave me drive.  It gave me the fuel to keep that fire going. I went to the gym and I asked questions. I quizzed everyone. Everything I was told I came home and researched to know FOR MYSELF.  I do not just go by what others tell me. I do not want to risk injury or illness. You all keep saying you wish you were me. No your really don't. You wish you were YOU but feeling good. You ask me what I eat?  What to do? I can answer that but it won't be the right choice for you. Your body is your body. It is different than mine. What I eat may be absolutely wrong for your body. What I do for exercise may cause you injury.  I want to tell you to research your own body. Start looking for what works for you. I had many days and weeks that my weight would climb or stay the same but I usually knew what I had done wrong because I was researching myself.  I can tell you some of the things that helped me.
1. I never set a goal. To easy to get discouraged. Just see what happens. Then celebrate the losses.
2. Asking the experts then researching.
3. Getting into the water to move.
4. Changing my eating completely.
4. Drinking, drinking, drinking H20.
5. Increasing my protein.
6. Support system. (Family, friends, Doctor, and Weight Watchers members.)
7. Great shoes. (not thongs)
8. Small hand weights.
9. Large ball to sit on and exercise on.
10. Getting up out of the recliner and moving.
 Your body is a wonderful REPAIRABLE machine. You become the expert mechanic!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment