ME!

ME!
Holding my "before" favorite shirt after losing 125 pounds on my journey to better health.

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Confused?

I have told you many  times that I had to learn to ignore stares, comments, and my own stinkin thinkin.  It was hard. I thought I had that in pretty good control but something happened the other day that has really bothered me.(and shouldn't)  I was loading stuff into my trunk at the store and a great big truck roars up and pulls next to me.  The man rolls down his window and says something that I can't quite hear because his truck is still on.  I  smile and  continue on with what I'm doing.  He then gets out of his truck and says.  "I really like your sunglasses, it takes a  REAL woman to wear glasses  like that!"  Now this was not a young man who might say something thinking he was cute.  He was probably as OLD as I AM.  I smiled and got into my car and left.  Then the stinkin thinkin came into play. Was he making fun of my glasses?  Do I look stupid and he was trying to tell me in a nice way? Was he sincere?  Am I to old to wear glasses like these?  You know what we do.   So then I decided to ask some on my boys if they thought it was an insult or compliment.  They all said I look fine in my glasses.( but they have to say that they are family)  Those of you that live in my area know that I have worn big white sunglasses for years.  I feel like it is part of who I am.  Once in a while I have a pair that is a different color.  Blue, pink, green ..... but usually white.   As I am writing and trying to work through this  I will continue wearing my BIG WHITE sunglasses and take what he said as a compliment.  I too really like my sunglasses.
Winter Fun?

My "sister" Marla and I


About 100 lbs. lost

5 comments:

  1. I, for one, LOVE your white sunglasses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurel, I think the man was just trying to connect by saying something nice! Take it as a complement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Lottie. I think he wanted to compliment you and couldn't think of anything better.

    ReplyDelete