ME!

ME!
Holding my "before" favorite shirt after losing 125 pounds on my journey to better health.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Slamming The Door.

I haven't been feeling  great the past few weeks.   I have let up a little on the things I need to do to feel good. I have stopped walking because I don't seem to have the energy which then backlashes me to not feel good mentally.  It just seems to be a constant battle.  Exercise(don't want to)  Eat better(Oh! Just one cookies? Right!!!) Take care of yourself(to tired.) Sound familiar?
When I feel good I forget(almost) that I have Fibromyalgia. It is always worse in our summer months. The heat and monsoon storms seem to let the Fibro loose for a while.  I experience the aches and pains that come along with it. The tiredness just makes me feel like I am wrapped in concrete. The brain FOG.  Oh, I hate that!  I go along for a few weeks not really realizing that my old enemy is trying to move back in. I have a friend who has been going through awful Fibro flares. I have heard of her struggle and hope. Then it dawns on me! Fibro is once again knocking at the door wanting to come in.  If I just open it a little more then Fibro can slip in and stay.  Now I recognize this I know what to do to slam that door for now.  I have done this before and I can do it again.  Fibro is not welcome to live in my body. So... the fight begins. To get walking and get in the pool. To start eating the way my body responds the best. I know how to do this! I know how my body responds. I want to feel better, stronger, and mentally sharper. So for now!!! Watch our Fibro!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment