ME!

ME!
Holding my "before" favorite shirt after losing 125 pounds on my journey to better health.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

New Journey

I started training for a new job yesterday. I can't believe I would ever work again. I have been going to weight watchers for the past six months and one day as I was weighing the leader said. "Come work for us." I said okay not really thinking they were serious. They were!!!!!!! I will train this week and if all goes well I will be a receptionist for a couple of meetings a week.  Not much but enough that it will let me be with others who are working on a healthy journey and keep myself going. I remember when I had to give up my nursing licenses and all the training and work I had put into that career seemed lost. I don't know why that was a lot of my self worth, but it was. I have struggled with that for a long time. I have been asked why I don't try to return to nursing but I have very little sensation in my hands and arms. I could not do what a nurse needs to do. I don't know if my fibromyagia would cooperate either. I have new doors to open and new hope for opportunities. I know that all the things I have had to fight through have had a reason. Sometimes I just wonder why it had to be so hard? So.....here I go on a new journey and excited for it.

3 comments:

  1. Laurel
    I am beyond so happy for you! You are so inspirational! So I am sure you hear about different things to try for your fibromyagia. But have you ever looked into laser treatments. I laser people all day long and I personally see the impact it is having in peoples lives. I would'nt share this if I didnt see it with my own eyes. I have been lasering a few people with fibromyagia and its helping them so very much! You can look into it a little, go to litecure.com. this is a class IV laser the brand is lite cure. A lot of places are starting to have them and I know there is a guy there in ST George that has one. Anyway it is doing wonders for nerve damage and many many other things digenerative dics, arthritis, bone damage, its really amazing! I think it would do wonders for you too! Your body is made up of cells and cells heal your body and they are created through light. Well when you put a lot of light in an area that is damaged it will generate those cells and that will heal your nerves, bone, tissue, ect. Anyway, I just wanted to tell you about that cause I really think it will help.
    But you truly are amazing!
    Bobbie Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bobbie Jean. I will look into it. Hope you are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So this is where your road is leading you, GO WITH THE FLOW!!! You not only can share your journey, but you can be walking proof it can be done! So happy for you. Best of Luck on your first week ~

    Bev Lowe

    ReplyDelete