ME!

ME!
Holding my "before" favorite shirt after losing 125 pounds on my journey to better health.

Monday, March 11, 2013

Progress?

 I have been writing this blog for almost 2 months and the big question now is??? Have YOU made any progress?  If you are like me you get all fired up and know you are going to do something but then slowly your fire drops down to a little glowing ember. What are you going to do to blow a little life back into that fire and get it roaring hot again.  I suggest that you take a few moments to sit with yourself and reflect at what has worked or is working and what is not.  I had to try many different ways to exercise. I now eat many different fruits and veggies that I didn't even know existed a few months ago. Have you heard of jhicima?  One of my favorite treats now. If you want this you have to work at it. I am sorry I wish it was easy but it is not. I can tell you that you can feel better and your feelings about yourself can improve. You are worth it.  So many times we put others in front of our own needs. Love yourself then you will feel good enough to really love others. Please share on this blog if you have had success and what you did. Who knows? Maybe what you are doing is just what someone else reading this needs to hear. Let's get those fires roaring.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I am doing something worthy of sharing. Three days ago I read a man's post on FB of him losing 80 pounds. I wrote and asked how he had done it. He said he had a smart phone and put the app myfitnesspal on it. I don't have a smart phone, but he shared that www.myfitnesspal.com is available online. I love it! I'm a lifetime WW member, Type 2 diabetic, and have been using this site for three successful days. At least this way I can see by tracking the foods I eat, how many calories, carbs, fat, sodium, and sugar I have eaten, and how much I have left to eat for the day. Today I have not gone over my sugar allowance, and that is exciting for me. Plus, I'm drinking from 12-15 eight oz. glasses of water a day, which I've never done before. Hope someone else will profit from this information. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great. I am sure it will help others to have that information. We all need all the tips and help we can get. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're very inspirational Laurel... I Loved Glenda's story as well.. My Son started drinking more water, and we are working on his diet... He just needs to want to move more, and just gets upset when I try to get him out of here... :( I am reading your posts out loud to him, and now he wants to roast marshmallows on my stovetop!!! Hahaha... He does have a great sense of humor... Thank you for the motivational reading material my Friend ... I am so very proud of You by the way.... You're amazing :) Love, Teresa :)

    ReplyDelete