ME!

ME!
Holding my "before" favorite shirt after losing 125 pounds on my journey to better health.

Monday, March 4, 2013

Ready or Not here I come.


Okay, I have had a few people ask me if I would post my first official weight journey photos.  I have mentioned them before. I am in my swimming suit. I have shown them to a few friends and they say that looking at them have given them hope that they can change their bodies too.  As I have mentioned before, this blog is for me to help you and you help me.  I know how hard it is to get up the courage to do the things that need to be done to feel better. One of the hardest would be to get on that dreaded swimming suit. It was really hard for me to walk into that pool the first, second, and 500th time. I survived and you can too!!!!  Another is that you might have to do this journey alone. If you depend on walking, swimming, or exercising with friends then it becomes a disaster when conflicts of schedule come up. It would give me the excuse to not go if my friend can't on a certain day or time. I have to do it with me. I go alone to the gym but always meet up with my new friends I have met there. I walk alone most of the time. On occasion I do walk with my husband. I have just learned that for me I do better when I can meet my own schedule. This is my journey. This is my responsibility.  I did it and you can too.

1 comment:

  1. YOU are amazing Laurel!! Thank you for sharing so much of your journey. I can only imagine that some of it is difficult to share, but you are inspiring to many of us. I love you!!! Thank you for who you are and for what you have done! ((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete