ME!

ME!
Holding my "before" favorite shirt after losing 125 pounds on my journey to better health.

Friday, March 29, 2013

Wheat treats

Here is the info on the treats I make for my family. They do help with the                                             cravings and the fiber in them is helpful too.
Can't read all of the info. So here it is:                                                                                                     5 cups puffed wheat cereal
2 cups Fiber one bran cereal (original)
3 cups miniature marshmallows
3 Tablespoons light whipped butter or light buttery spread.

Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add marsh and stir until melted.
Pour into cereal and pat into bowl with wet hands (I learned to do this with butter on my hands and then lick good stuff off my fingers.....can't do that anymore. Water works well.)

I use 1/2 puffed wheat and 1/2 golden puffs . Make sweeter and no more in points or calories. I also double the ingreds and put in large cookie sheet. Cut into 25 and will be 2 pts.

Per serving of original recipe.  46 Cals, 1g fat, 32mg sodium, 11g carbs, 2.5 fiber, 4g sugar, 1g protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment