ME!

ME!
Holding my "before" favorite shirt after losing 125 pounds on my journey to better health.

Monday, January 20, 2014

I AM???

I recently challenged someone to come up with 12 things that they liked or made them happy.  This friend struggled with that list.  I realized that she had forgotten about so many of the gifts she had.   I then changed the requirements to be self descriptions of her.  She again struggled.  I then realized that we all forget who we are.  We get lost in all the everyday crap(yes crap) that often doesn't matter and forget our own self worth.   I challenge you to make a list of your own.  I AM.  You might want to  dig really deep on this.  It can also be.  I HAVE.  If  you get really stuck, think about why your friends like you? Why do your kids? What did a parent, or grandparent see in you?  There are so many things that each and everyone of us IS or HAS.    Below are some examples of what I mean about I AM,  or I HAVE.

I AM: Smart, funny, organized, compassionate, loving, gentle, strong, seasoned, experienced, friendly, happy, kind, helpful, teachable, etc.

I HAVE:  Beautiful eyes,  freckles, dimples, red hair, great smile, pretty nails, smile wrinkles, smooth skin, songbird voice, musical talent, people skills, computer skills, funny personality, etc.


We all have gifts, talents, and special things about us.  We just need to remind ourselves once in a while.  


2 comments:

  1. You are so right! It is hard to know what makes us uniques and why people like us.

    ReplyDelete