ME!

ME!
Holding my "before" favorite shirt after losing 125 pounds on my journey to better health.

Monday, January 21, 2013

Do it for YOU

I have a great friend that I met at the gym.  Sue is about 40 years old, at a very unhealthy weight, has diabetes, and depression.  She does not want to be there. She lives with her parents and has a very tiny athletic mother. Mom decided that the best thing for Sue would be for her to go to the gym. From conversations with Sue it has become a very unhappy home because of mom's goal for Sue.  She walks in the door with her head down, shoulders hunched, and walking very slowly.  She goes to the machines and slowly does a little work. She then goes into the women's lounge and sits. Sometime she cries. She has become friends with many of the patrons and we love her and give her encouragement. She is a beautiful young lady. I wish I could give her a little spark so she would want to do this for herself.  I guess what I want to emphasise is that it has to be YOU who wants this. You have to want it so bad that you are willing to put in the work. No one can do it for you. You can not do it for anyone else. You can have cheerleaders along the way giving you a needed boost but this is a journey you have to do yourself. Sue has got some benefit from going to the gym. She told me the other day with the biggest brightest smile that she had lost a little weight. I saw hope and pride in what she had done. Maybe she will begin to come for herself. I hope so. She deserves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment