ME!

ME!
Holding my "before" favorite shirt after losing 125 pounds on my journey to better health.

Friday, January 25, 2013

Don't like the gym? No worries.

I have put a lot of posts about my gym experiences. At the time I started this journey I had to have the structure and the routine of the gym or I would have not done anything. I had to make it the most important thing in my life. To save my life. BUT everyone is different. There are many, many ways of getting the movement our bodies need.  I also walk and get out in the world as much as I can. I need that sun shining on my face. I need to see the flowers and hear the birds. I need to look at the rocks and the mountains around me. I dance to Richard Simmons DVDs sweatin' to the oldies.  The songs are great and I can be out of step and Richard doesn't even care. He just encourages me along. I have tried many things in my home to see what I like. I have played for many hours on a Wii fit that I borrowed from my son. I have stretch bands and exercise ball. My husband has a set of small hand weights that I use. I have little tiny ones from one pound to five pounds. Put them by your favorite chair and work your arms while watching TV. Pace inside your home. Walk around and look out the windows. Just add a little as you can.  I had to find things I liked to do. There are so many ways you can improve your movement and begin to feel better. Even if it is hard for you to stand put on some upbeat music, tap your feet, move your arms, do leg lifts, and stretch. Do all you can to begin on your journey. I never dreamed the wonderful things that have happened to me by just moving a little more each day. They can happen to you too.

3 comments:

  1. I needed to hear this message. I am not overweight, but I am old and tired and spend too much time in recliner. Does wiggling my toes count?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your advice. It's great to hear it's all that simple really .... it's just about getting up and doing something. You have done such a wonderful job and are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete